Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Week in Nutshell...

To really wrap up the week, I have to say things seem to be improving with Jillian. Last night was the first sign of improvement. She had gone to school and had quite a few more coughing spells, almost like when this first started....But maybe that was because last night around 8:30/9:00, she started coughing a spitting up all the yuckies that she's been holding onto for 3 weeks...Any available whole on her face, let loose and although it was a dreadful night, both George and I were literally up EVERY hour on the hour for about 10 minutes each, it was only because we had to get her the bucket, tissues and whatever else she desired. I kept her home today because a.) lack of sleep and b.) I knew there was a very good chance of drainage everywhere again...And indeed there was. I am open about tomorrow and hoping that she can go back to school especially as we head into a 3-day weekend, but that will remain to be seen. But finally, Jillian relief...

Now Elizabeth is starting with a hard cough and I am not hesitating and she is taking some Mucinex....Me, oh boy, if I do not feel better over the weekend, I will also be at the doctor's I have that hard cough, but I am working on clearing it up...Its so different for adults than it is for children. As adults, we can usually suck it up and cure ourselves...But our little ones....

As another happy note, we renewed our Disney passes. We had skipped last year due to health issues and the fact that the 2 years prior, OMG, we were there all the time. But now Jillian will be 4 in 2 months and we want her to enjoy what all of us, including Elizabeth, have enjoyed in the past...Not sure when our first trip will be, but the itch is there!!!! (Not sure if Heather's post had a little underlining push in my mind either!) If it did, Thank You!!!!

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

Well hopefully if Jillian can get some of this stuff out, she will feel better. At least in theory, that sounds like it would work! Hoping you & Elizabeth kick it sooner than Jillian. Yucks be gone!!!

Heather said...

Glad Jillian is feeling a little better. Hopefully everyone will be healthy for the long weekend!

Yeah for Disney passes! I'm sure you'll all enjoy them!

Melodie said...

I'm glad Jilly seems to be getting over the hump. Have a great extended weekend and take care of keeping you and Elizabeth from getting sicker.

Karlise said...

I hope you all start feeling better soon!!

Yay for Disney!! If everyone is well, go on Monday. Labor Day is always slooowww. This will be our
3rd Labor Day at the parks! And maybe our last for a few years. Booo economy!