Saturday, August 16, 2008

Jillian Update

Poor Jillian does not seem to be getting any better. She's now had the cough for over two weeks. I mentioned how I started her on the antibiotic, but not even a slight improvement. My girls react almost immediately to an antibiotic, so this is not the norm. I had to call her doctor today and ask if I can give her Mucinex for Kids. I know as an adult, that does wonders. She said yes. Jillian is near to choking with her cough and I know this is TMI, but its almost like everything that needs to come up from a cold/cough is clogging her throat. I am keeping my fingers crossed with this one.

I know it seems like my girls are sick a lot, but they are not sickly. They are extremely social, see and even all through the summer, see different friends and other kids. They are active and have always been. So who's to say why this is happening to her now...I just hope we do not go through the same thing we went through with Elizabeth's 4th year, being so sick.

Both girls and I played the Wii machine today. Amazing how they both love to play and play pretty good. With bowling, both girls were getting strikes....and today was Jillian's first real day of playing.

Well, George is at the Rolling Pin and its time for a game of Candyland...

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

I hope Jillian is feeling better - it sounds like a nasty, nasty cough. I will keep my fingers crossed, say a little prayer & hope the mucinex helps!

Melodie said...

I hope Jilly starts feeling better soon. I took mucinex once when I was really sick (Rx, not OTC) and it really did make a difference.