Thursday, August 21, 2008

Has it been a long week or is it just me????

Well the saga is about to end regarding Jillian....First, last night we had a horrible night with the coughing. I think I mentioned that and at 3:00 a.m., she was up for the day. Went for the X-Ray this morning and when I came home, she was asleep. So I skipped school for her...She needed the rest and she would of not been a happy camper there. Plus, I wanted her close by.

I called the doctor's office to make them aware of the rough night, that she had, the X-Ray and that the results should be in the office by noon. I said I wanted a call whether there was something or not..(In my recent experience, they do not call even when there is something wrong!) Also, I told the nurse that I had a hard time doing the neubulizer last night because Jillian was fighting me. The freakin' nurse said "Sometimes us mom's need to force the issue, even if our child doesn't like it". Let me first say that she talked to me like I was some sort of moron...like I would sacrifice my child's health because I might not know or be comfortable doing something. It takes a lot for me to be offended and this was one of the very few. Again, WTF and who gave this woman the right to say that. How the hell does she know whether my husband and I held her tight to give her a treatment. Meanwhile, I received some news that at Jillian's summer camp, a boy had whooping cough. The school just found out last week when the Health Department called. So I called the doctor back because I wanted to go in and have a test done for whooping cough. I still had to wait for the doctor to call me back, there was nothing more they were willing to do...I am through with this office.....This office became too busy and too big for itself. Even the original popular doctor is not the doctor most people ask for anymore.

Received a call and Jillian has full blown bronchitis. This means another antibiotic. Answer to the whooping cough, she was on Zithromax and when she takes this new one, these antibiotic's would of killed the infection anyway...

On a happy note, Jillian is a pro with X-rays...Figure a broken leg, swallowed Barbie boot and also her tonsils and adenoids removed...she's a pro. She was my big girl, a bit hesitant at first of the machine, but then just stood there with her arms spread up high....Darn, you would of thought she was having a mammogram.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh geez. I hope she feels better soon, now that you FINALLY know what's going on!

Sounds like a new doctor is in order!

Working Mama said...

Oh boy - well at least it sounds like whooping cough is off the list of possibilities. I hope she's feeling better &your family gets some better sleep. It is one thing to have sick kids, to be worried, to be very busy...add lack of sleep in there & hold on to your hat - that makes everything that much harder. We'll be thinking about you. Don said he saw George the other day by the way.

Melodie said...

I'm glad you have some sort of answer for Jilly. Hopefully, these antibiotics will do the job and make her all better. She's been sick with this for so long, I'm sure you're both more than ready for it to be over.