Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Doctor Visit

Went to the new practice last night and the office was very nice, clean and somewhat comfortable...with the exception of a lack of toys and books for kids...(????) I do not understand that one....The doctor was very, very good. Extremely thorough, took the time to talk with us and to really explain things that are probably going on with Jillian.

Being that bronchitis and sinusitis can (in some cases) go hand-in-hand, she recommended putting back on amox. for 14 days and to stop all other medicine, including the neubulizer. The cough medicine that Jillian was on, should of been a no-go...NOTHING with DM. She is on the liquid Mucinex, for now.

Another rough night, but now its another waiting game....We might have to do a sinus X-ray if things do not clear up.

I am feeling good about this doctor's office, not completely blown away yet though...Maybe because we were going there for a specific reason, and existing reason also....For now though, we are sticking with them...Jillian will have her well visit in 2 months and we'll see then, once we become established.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Where did you take her?

Debbie said...

I meant to post that before because Melodie asked...Nadal Ped's, their new office on Victoria..

Melodie said...

My pedi doesn't have any toys or books either, but I have always just assumed that it was so that the well and sick children weren't all playing with them and transferring germs. Even if they sanitized them every night, they still couldn't sanitize them between children.
We were at the dentist's office this morning for Sarah's monthly ortho check, and Katie was playing with the little bead maze thingy and I just cringe when I think about all of the germs that must be living on it. I made sure that she used hand sanitizer before we left the office.

Anyhow, I hope that Jilly gets better soon. Poor baby must be SO OVER being sick by now. You, too, I'm sure.