Friday, August 8, 2008

Hurray for Friday

I have not posted since the whole George thing and thought I would just drop a note..

We are officially all set for school....The last item was a new lunchbox for Jillian, which we bought Wednesday night. We've been feeling the anxiety and excitement of school starting, but it really hit on Wednesday. Wednesday morning, I had a meeting (as secretary of the Parent's Association) with our director and other members of the PA at Limona. We ironed out all the dates of events, parties, etc. for the year...It was amazing when we hit "End of the Year" celebrations...Hello, we haven't officially started school yet...

But I have been reading other's posts regarding the new school year....From friends having preschooler's, Kindergartner's all the way up to Junior High, its all the same feeling. I think with us that have the younger children, it tends to be more emotional.

Today Elizabeth is getting picked up around 9:00 for a playdate at her friend's house from Kindergarten. We've taken turns back and forth and it's nice that she can do this. The first time was hard...The Dad and Stepmom have her friend and two sister's every other weekend. The Stepmom is wonderful and more a mom to the girls than the real mom. Sad to say, but at least the girls have someone. So the first time she went there (Plant City), the stepmom picked the girls up including Elizabeth. I was paranoid, as usual and asked her to call me to make sure Elizabeth was with them. Funny thing was, she did the same thing when the girls came over here....But I am rambling and I guess I am saying that it is so nice to end up trusting someone, someone that you do not have a problem with your child going to their house and not having to be there like playdates when they are say, Jillian's age....Granted, I cannot think of anyone else from her school that allow that to happen, but its still nice...

Tonight, I am having a little time, just me and a girlfriend. There is a theatre group called The Village Players, who we met some of the actors at Oklahoma. A few of them are in a play called, Noises Off. I loved Oklahoma and the whole community theater setting, so we decided to go see them...The play is actually around the block, off of Front Street....A comedy and boy do I need to laugh!!! LOL!

No comments: