Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of this Busy Week - First Stop USF

Today I had an appt. at USF regarding various issues with Jillian. After her waking up at 3:00, I did not know how it was going to go.

Besides the early wakeup and heavy coughing, her tummy started bothering her. She had diarrehea and was upset when I finally insisted on using a Pull-up for our ride into Tampa. She has had no accidents, but I wanted to play it safe. So she napped within 5 minutes of being in the car. Once I picked up George, we headed over to USF. We were there for about 2 hours and I was happy with our outing today. As a special treat, we came home and spent an hour in the pool. It was nice considering it was a weekday, 4:00 and usually both my husband and I are still working. My husband made Monte Cristo's for dinner...They were so yummy and both girls ate very, very well.

One of may issues regarding Jillian, is her sleep habits and lack of being consistent with sleep. The doctor recommended giving her Melatonin, which is a natural over-the-counter supplement. A lot of pilot's use this to help with their own inconsistencies with sleep. Let's see what happens....If we can break away at little pieces with Jillian, maybe we can hit some core issues and correct them or at least, handle them in the most appropriate way possible.

So its 8:50 and I might head in to read/sleep...2 more big doctor appts this week! Whoohoo!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

I'm glad you had a good day. I hope the melatonin helps Jillian (and you) with her sleep issues.