Monday, August 18, 2008

Day #1 of School for 2008-2009

Our first day of school went off without a hitch. Last night, I felt like June Cleaver and had everything done, including notes in the girls lunchboxes. Kids were in bed by 7:30 and all was good in the world. Jillian did still have coughing bouts, very bad ones, but someone fell back to sleep and woke around 5:30 this morning. I was already in and out of the shower by then.



Since everything was ready, breakfast, teeth, dressing, etc. went so smooth. The advantage of having Sunday to make sure things go together. In my normal weekday, that will not happen. (Possibly Wednesday since we are closed tomorrow!)



We walked Elizabeth in and she was a bit apprehensive. She has nobody from her class last year with her, but she did hit it off with a little girl during open house and she did know someone from a different class last year. So she sat with Crystal. When I picked her up from school, first of all, the car line was horrendus....Worse than I ever saw it, but excusable being the first day of school. I'm a little annoyed that she came home with some of her supplies telling me that they were sending things home because they had enough. Why the hell go out and spend the money...What am I going to do with 3 dozen #2 pencils?? Oh well, we are set for a couple of years.



Jillian did EXTREMELY well. Had a great day. Our BooHoo breakfast was nice and we had a nice little turnout. Its nice to do something for everyone, but with the intention of those moms and dads that are having a difficult time sending their child to school the first day. By time I leave Limona, I would of had 4 years in their school. What will I ever do without them? For now, I have this year and next to figure that one out.

Tonight is family night. The girl's favorite dinner is stuffed shells, sausage and garlic bread...so that is what we are having. We'll all sit down and talk about our days....and then I proceed to fill bottles of water, just in case..Oh yea, must charge the DVD! I find the more I prepare and be ready for a storm, the more likely it will pass us by. But I am a weather nut, I will admit that this intrigues me and if I could be guaranteed that there would be no damage and everyone would be safe, I would love to see a hurricane. But I can't be guaranteed that, so I need to wore off the source! LOL!

Hope all of you had a FANTASTIC first day of school and for those who have not gone or my 2 day friends, later this week...

3 comments:

Working Mama said...

They look adorable - SO big! I am glad they had great days and that you were the perfect "June Cleaver"! We all try for that & it happens so infrequently that it's worth quite an applause when one of us makes it! LOL! I hope they have a fun "home" day tomorrow and then enjoy going back Wed!

Karlise said...

Car line was HORRIBLE!! I think I will be parking and going to get him from now on. I marked it on his paperwork as such. Unless you can tell me that it will get better! I got there 25min early too and I was way back.

I'm glad your girls had a good day!

Melodie said...

I'm so glad that the girls had such a good first day.