Sunday, June 29, 2008

Last Day of the Week (and vacation)

Today after Church, I took Elizabeth and one of her friends from church to see Wall-E. We had planned to meet some other friends from Limona and ended up with 7 kids.

The movie in general was cute. The kids enjoyed it and even though I thought Wall-E was adorable and his voice was cute, I'm from the E.T. age and E.T. still holds the bar high. But the movie (without giving anything or too much away) had a story line based along the environment and the whole "green" move. A bunch of 6 yr olds and even a few 8 yr olds do not get that. Yes, Elizabeth knows we recycle and that we recycle because it keeps the Earth clean, but nothing beyond that...That alone is enough considering there are many that really do not get anything about the environment. So the "meaning" of the story was only received by the adults attending. That's ok! I want my 6 yr old to do all she can do at her age, but hell, she's a child...she doesn't need to "get it". Back to the movie, there were certain parts that were drawn out.

Jillian went home after church with George. For us, she, OUR 3 yr old, does not belong in a movie theater!!! But there was another 3 yr old and an almost 3 yr old with us. The 3 yr old, dad had to leave with her mid-way BUT the ALMOST 3 yr old, sat, wide awake through the movie...I asked my friend, where did she come from and I want her cloned!! LOL! Jilly will have her day. Of course behind us was a screaming infant. I have nothing against someone having to bring an infant, but if the infant is crying I would think the person would remove themselves with the baby and calm him or her down.....Not for nothing, but even calm the child down for the people she went to the movies with... Again, infants should be allowed, but there has to be a line of etiquette and common courtesy...Oh well....

Tomorrow, back to work....Oy Vey! I will email Karen, but if anyone else is going to the parade, can you do me a favor and look for Elizabeth. She's marching with Stage Door Productions, they are #46 in the parade and I am not going to be there...So please, please, please, snap a picture and email it to me so I can download it...I would be forever grateful....She's marching with her friend Karly and Karly's mom...

Ok, that's about it for tonight...The girls are down and I want to set myself up for a busy, busy week!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Hopefully, she will be walking on the side we are sitting so I can get a shot. I'll do my best.

Working Mama said...

We will be there - we'll look for her & try our best to get pics too!