Saturday, June 21, 2008

Dress Rehearsal for Dance

Here are a few pictures of Elizabeth for her Dance Recital on Sat. She is doing ballet to "Colors of the Wind" from Pocohantes...My Very beautiful girl!!!

Now I need to say this...She wants to continue dance and loves ballet...I love that idea...Jazz too, love that...But she is expressing interest in hip hop. Now while I absolutely LOVE hip hop and watching hip hop, there is a certain "street image" that goes along with the dance, a street attitude that I do not want Elizabeth involved in...especially at this age....I guess if she was 12 or 13, it might be a fight, but she is 6. Luckily, she is at the age that Mommy can sway her and I think we are good to go....

Saturday afternoon is the big show...While I am so excited, I am sadden to think that George might not be able to go. Jillian had started with 103 fever Friday night. The fever broke, but it is now early (did I say early) Saturday morning and her fever is 101. We'll see how the a.m. goes....I would send him and skip the show since I saw the dress rehearsal, but I already volunteered to chaperone backstage...

3 comments:

Working Mama said...

She looks BEAUTIFUL! Do let people video record - probably not, right? They want you to buy their video? But I was going to say you should record some and post a video - I know I'd LOVE to see her actually dancing. Or get her to do part at home & post it. How exciting. By the way, how did the hair appt go??? You'll have to post a pic of her after your hairstylist cleaned up the cut a little! I'm really hoping Jillian feels better - it's really hard when one gets ill on such an occasion but what can you do!

Debbie said...

I did video tape some of it...Now I have to figure out transferring it from the camcorder on the computer. My regular camera wasn't great with taping it.

As far as the haircut, my girl couldn't do it. She found nit eggs still which we have removed a lot of and hopefully next week she'll have it done...

Jillian and George are staying home. Her fever shot up to 103 again. Even with bringing it down with Motrin, its not fair to drag her around. She's sick and needs to rest...Rest and Jillian in the same sentence, hard to even say those two words...LOL!

Working Mama said...

well at least you got to bask in the glory. I hope Jillian feels better fast and I hope you enjoy the weekend with your "Star"!