Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Info on previous post

I really did not want to title the post as Scabies...But Scabies is caused by a tiny mite that has infested humans for at least 2,500 years. It is often hard to detect and causes a fiercely itchy skin condition. This can strike anyone of any race or age regardless of personal hygience. Being a tiny, eight-legged creature with a round body, the mite burrows in the skin.

Anyway, that is just a summary from the dermo. handout...As far as lice vs. scabies, who really knows...I know what I see in her hair...URGH!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes and sanity for us!!! LOL! By the way, I cut Elizabeth's hair myself. I had to...it's the only way I could really treat her properly. Luckily, Tuesday morning I am able to get her into my girl that does everything for my hair.... She's still sooo cute!!

5 comments:

Karlise said...

Good heavens! You've had one hell of a week! I had lice many times as a child. My mom eventually cut all my hair super, super short. Oh I hated it!! Elizabeth looks really cute though.

Here's a tip I've learned, get some tea tree oil and add a few drops to the kids' shampoo. It will keep the lice away. You can also buy shampoo with it in it already- I think it's called Circle of Friends. I've seen it at kid's salons and maybe Target?

Heather said...

Her hair looks so cute! Sorry it had to be chopped though for yucky reasons. I hope everyone is better soon!

Melodie said...

You did a great job on Elizabeth's hair, and it will probably be nice and cool to have it off of her neck for the summer.
Paul Mitchell makes Tea Tree Oil shampoo and conditioner, too. I buy it at Walmart. It's not in the regular shampoo department, but you can get it in their salons. When the lice is going around, I'll not only use it on the girls, but I'll rub a little of the conditioner on my hands and then put a little in their hair as a leave in conditioner to help deter the lice from wanting to jump into their hair.

Working Mama said...

I was wondering if a haircut would be in order - you are right, it is the only way to really be 100% sure you are treating it. She looks adorable & sometimes a change can be good. Hang in there - here's to having a less "exciting" summer!

Karen said...

I'm sure it was hard for you to cut her hair but I love her hair cut! She's sooo cute! Good luck with the treatments.