Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dermatologist Follow-Up

Yesterday was Elizabeth's followup appt. with the dermatologist. First, I get a phone call that the PA called in sick do I want to see the doctor. I said, that's fine...we still are dealing with issues as a result of the lice. So we get there and trust me, I have complete respect for the elderly, but this doctor needs to a.) RETIRE and b.) if he continues to practice, get a personality...!!!! It was a useless visit with another followup next week!!!

Jillian is enjoying the Summer Camp program...There are 5 other children that were in her class during the year that are with her during the summer. Plus, one of her teachers. Who could ask for more....AND, 2 days in a roll were EXCELLENT days for her...OMG, am I setting myself up??!!!LOL!

Elizabeth had rehearsal for Oklahoma. The kids in this play are in quite a lot of scenes, even if its just as extra's. She learned a new dance and tonight, another new dance...Downside, we did not get out until 9:50 p.m. That is a long night for a 6 yr old. I am tempted to pull her, but when I talk to her about it, she says she wants to do it...Now I feel like a bad mom, because I still think its too much. If she would nap during the afternoon for at least an hour, it would help... So for now, I will continue to be a bad mom. My husband says that now since its summer vacation, she stays up reading or playing quietly until 9:00....BUT, this is definitely something she cannot do during the school year, unless rehearsals were on the weekend...

Other than that, I am looking forward to Friday being my last day of work for a week. Feeling a bit overwhelmed because on top of the rehearsal things, tomorrow is her dress rehearsal for her recital on Sat. Thank God, Friday and Sat. are during the afternoon. She's only in one dance also...Whew!!! SUNDAY is going to be my true day of rest!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Working Mama said...

Wow - that is a late one for little kids! But it is over soon and with that known & being it's summer..it is not going to be that horrible to be out later. It's not like she's roaming the streets - LOL! I think a few kids at VBS must be in Oklahoma too..I heard some Moms (including Matthew's teacher who has an 8 y/o daughter) saying that by the time they got home from rehearsals last night it was 11:00! I bet this much be such a thrilling experience for her and better to put that energy & talent to good use!!! Congrats too on Jillian having a good week at camp - she seems to be really thriving & loving the school!