Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Back to Normal...or are we???!!!

Well I decided to post early because although I normally go to the gym and bring the kids, I had to cancel due to misbehavior. My husband already had a plan in mind to go out and he said I should still go, but I have to be honest, how does a mom turn around and punish their child.

Elizabeth, for the last 2 days, has gone to extreme (in my opinion) on talking back or just saying no and the inappropriate time. Last night, (she collects all the garbage in her bathroom, her room and under my desk) and brings it to the garage and puts it in the big garbage can. She does this 2x a week, garbage nights. Well when I told her to do it, she said, "no, you do it...I'm too tired". I finally told her that she would not be getting her allowance, which is only 50 cents, but to reward her with something for helping out. Of course, then she did it.

Tonight, my husband and I were cleaning up dinner with the anticipation of the 3 females going to the gym and for me to let the girls play in the Kids Club. My husband asked Elizabeth, "Can you please get Jillian's plate". She turned to him and said "no". No, just like that...We both looked at her and when my husband repeated it, he repeated it at least 3x's with her totally ignoring him. Then I stood up, raised my voice slightly and she did it. We have been having this attitude on and off lately, but in the last 2 days, who does she think she is...So I canceled going and therefore, the girls are not going. The girls enjoy going there, but I do not feel right about letting her go, an hour later, to something that she is thrilled with...

So I guess its back to the good ole' treadmill.......

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

It can be hard, can't it, when we really have to follow through...but you were right...can't reward them after behavior is not what it should be. Hope she gets that little funk out of her system! I'm sure it is getting back to school after break and just the joys of testing Mommy & Daddy!
Andrea

Debbie said...

You know and have seen Elizabeth the most....It might have been a while, but basically, personality wise, she has not changed...So this new thing is taking me by a little surprise and has my head spinning. I shouldn't be too shocked...a lot of people say that girls do this...but this early...Oy Vey!!!