Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back to Normal

Not much to say accept the fact that today Elizabeth went back to school. She still is having the hearing issues, but her ears are popping more...So I believe that they will be draining more and things should be good.

Tonight was Chick-Fil-a Night for Elizabeth's school. Last month I promised her we would go to the next one and wouldn't you know it, she remembered. I have to say that besides not having the stomach to go to Chuckie Cheese EVER, these places I despise with every breathe I take. The kids there can be very rough and no parents watching them. Its almost like there are those parents (not all) that go to these type of places to send the child to play so that they do not need to watch or take care of them. I ended up pointing my finger and raising my voice to another Kindergartner who was pulling Elizabeth through one of those tube things and picking on other girls. I told him "Do not touch or bother any of these girls....Stay away from them and if you do not like what I am saying, get your mother in here". Nothing much happened, but it is just ridiculous...And I've felt this way for a long, long time ever since my first experience at CEC...They are germ infested and just a complete turnoff to me... Sorry, I guess I am bitter..LOL!

I hope I do not offend anyone who might read this...JMO!!!

Tomorrow is our last day of Teacher Appreciation week which will close with a luncheon, mom's watching the classrooms, and the gift cards handed out. All in all, a beautiful week at Limona Village Children's Center....

4 comments:

Melodie said...

I totally agree with you about those unsupervised children. I, too, have had to yell at some unruly children, and when they complained to their mother that I was mean to them, I told their mother off, too. She claimed that I had no right to reprimand her children, but I told her that if she had been doing her job as a parent, I wouldn't have needed to reprimand her children. She had no response to that.

Oh, and if you don't have a problem giving Elizabeth chewing gum, it might help her with the ear drainage. A doctor of mine once told me to chew gum to help with an ear infection I had.

Working Mama said...

I'm with you, Sister! I have never stepped foot in a Chuck E Cheese, nor have my boys, and I hold it as my personal goal to never do it! We have Spirit Night @ Chik-Fil-A too and the 2 times we've gone in for it, we've just tried to make it as quick & painless as possible...mainly QUICK..eat & go. good luck!

Melodie said...

FYI: If you want to avoid going into the Chick-fil-A altogether on Spirit Night, you can always go through the drive-thru and write the school's name & other info on the back of your receipt and hand it back to the cashier to put in the box for you. I have done this several times.

Working Mama said...

Our school gives us a sheet with the info on it to turn in to Chik-Fil-A. And oh yes, we generally do the drive-thru - we have only gone in 2 times in 2 years for the spirit night..other wise it's drive-thru for spirit night!