Wednesday, July 23, 2008

School is around the corner........

As most of us are feeling, except for my NY and NJ friends, school is only less than 4 weeks away. I feel it with both girl's summer camp programs coming to an end tomorrow. At least we still have VBS to look forward to next week.

Today I met some friends for lunch at the California Kitchen and did some school shopping. Spent some $$$ at the Children's Place with replacing some uniforms for Elizabeth and picking up a few new ones. Plus new socks, underwear and things for Jillian. Minus shoes, I would say we are set with clothes!!! Oh yea, and a new lunchbox for Elizabeth.....

Hopefully this weekend, I will get Elizabeth a new backpack and the bulk of shopping will be done. Florida is not offering their tax-free holiday, but even if they had, I like to get things done. I figured out last year that I would only save about $4.00, if that with tax free. Although nowadays, $4.00 is good, peace of mind is better here!

Well need to get ready for the gym...I am also nursing a terrible sore throat...the kind that even drinking liquids hurt....But no fever, for now....so I am not slowing down.....

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a coincidence! I just offered the BAMs a California Pizza Kitchen coupon for a free kids meal. No one has said they wanted it. Would you be interested? It doesn't have an expiration date.

Debbie said...

Oh yes, thank you! I absolutely love that place...Being how I felt, I had the 1/2 & 1/2 soup, which was a chicken chowder and then a tortilla soup..OMG, delicious and something I would get even if I was not sick...Thank you!

I'll email you later or in the a.m.

Melodie said...

I haven't even really started BTS shopping for my girls. We did hit Old Navy while we were on vacation, and I made sure that what the girls picked out would be suitable for school, but it wasn't really school shopping.
I'm hoping that Sarah and Emily's grandmother will take them shopping again before school starts. That would really help me out a lot.