Friday, July 4, 2008

The Fourth of July

Today we ended up going to the parade. Elizabeth was picked up by 8:15, I ran and did some quick food shopping, then Jillian and I headed over to the parade. George is still sick, so it was a good time for him to rest..

This was my first Brandon 4th of July parade and I had a ball. Of course, Elizabeth was in it as well as some friends from Bell Shoals and my husband's boss, part of the Rough Riders...Here are our pics..Jillian sure did rack up some beads!!!




We left the parade about 11:45ish to go to our church for their annual Church Picnic....We saw quite a few of our church memebers, a good amount of the cast that was in the parade from Oklahoma went, and others from the parade....They had two bouncy things, a BBQ and it was a lot of fun, but exhausting for the girls....oh yea, me too!!! I was even able to get Elizabeth & Jillian all set with VBS....
When we came home it was the challenge to keep everyone awake. I wanted no naps so bedtime wouldn't be messed around with...So we jumped in the pool for about 2 hours...It felt sooooo good after being outside since 9:00 this a.m.
Now its time to chill down and have a relaxing night...Please keep your fingers crossed that the neighbors behave with the fireworks. My husband had actually hoped for showers so people in the neighborhood could not shoot them off...But now that it hasn't, we both might go in the pool after the kids go to sleep and watch the fireworks from there!!!

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

Oh I'm so glad you got to go - I was bummed we couldn't get pictures of Elizabeth for you so I am thrilled that you went! We barely got to see her but I see you did!!

Melodie said...

Looks like the girls had a good time. They're both getting so much prettier everyday.