Friday, July 11, 2008

Sad News

In addition to our outting last night, I saw a woman I knew from Elizabeth's original Dance Studio. Elizabeth used to enjoy playing with this little girl Molly when they had class together. During Elizabeth's last year there, I began talking to the mom more. She had a little boy Jillian's age...a little boy with a heart problem. I learned that he passed away on Wednesday. Even though I do hold my faith seriously, I cannot help myself but to question why God had to give this family a child that was ill and also to take him at such an early age. It really makes me feel sad and was really on my mind during the play.

I suppose that the mom and dad feel blessed to have him even for the shortest time. I am sure he was such a blessing that a mom in that situation hopefully can focus on the positive and the joy her little one brought her......

I hope he is at peace and Mom, Dad, siblings and all that love him find peace in their hearts...

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

That is heartbreaking, Debbie. I don't know how families do it - I know deep down I do, I know they have to find strength & go on but sometimes I wonder if I could do it. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

It hurts my heart to hear stories like that Debbie. I don't know if I could function if something like that happened to me. God has a plan, and we must trust he knows what he is doing. Faith is not easy!