Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Let me just say, there have been many years I would say that those people that shop on this day, get up extra early, stand in ridiculous lines are crazy...Watch on the news to see the lines outside stores while the helicopters go over for the news stations, etc...This morning at 5:00, I stood at Toys R Us looking up at those helicopters. OMG, so many people, but OMG, I saved close to $100 and have key gifts and DIRT CHEAP things. One example is a DVD Dance Revolution game, sells for $24.99...I paid $9.98. That is just one thing from a cart full of things...Yes, checkout took 1-1/2 hours, but you know what, I did it and I am done!!! AND saved! Would I do it again, it really depends if there are key items I want. Today, there were 4 or 5 things, but I doubt I would of done that, better yet, I know I would not have done that just aimlessly going...So yay for me, yay for the girls and yay for George not hearing me stress over shopping. This is also the first year I avoided the online shopping way. I can't compare to see if I would of saved shopping in person or online, but I went with a positive attitude and at the end of today, happy with what I accomplished...

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

Good for you!

Melodie said...

I'm glad you fared well and survived the chaos of it all.