Friday, October 10, 2008

Daisy's, Daisy's and Daisy's

We had our 2nd meeting tonight and a lot of fun. Out of 11 girls, more than 1/2 has learned the Girl Scout Promise...I'm very proud and impressed.

We have our first outing, not us as a Troop, but us among many troops. One of the leaders has arranged for 2 theaters at the Regency for a showing of High School Musical 3. So some of the girl's and their mom's are going...Then we have Camporee. This was going to be difficult, but I arranged for a babysitter. George is out of town that weekend and I was worried about if Elizabeth and I could go. But it all worked out..

We read our first story in the "journey" book and the girls planted some basil, thyme and daisies in plastic containers. We are all going to watch the process of these plants growing...How sweet is that...

Next week there is no meeting since there is no school...It'll give me a week to recoop from being so busy..

Here is a picture of Elizabeth in her vest...How cute...I wanted the apron, but saw a lot of vest...Its her choice..




I would love to show our planters and just what a great group of girl's we have, but being that they range from 5-7 yrs old, I do not want to throw those pics on a blog....But trust me...they are all so cute and excited about the Troop!

4 comments:

Working Mama said...

That sounds so sweet, Debbie. I bet you are lovin' it..even if it is quite the big task. I still have my brownie & girl scout vests! There wasn't Daisys in my area (or they didn't have it back then...not sure which).

Melodie said...

When I saw Elizabeth in her vest, I was afraid they got rid of the tunic. I'm glad they didn't. Do the girls still earn the pieces of the daisy? If so, where would that go on the vest? Just wondering..

Debbie said...

The petal's will go on the left hand side, towards the bottom of the vest. The Garden Patch goes on the right side. Fun Patches can go within those or in the back...

I love the tunic, but a few of the girl's wanted the vest and I knew that was enough reason to get Elizabeth the vest.

Melodie said...

Sarah and Emily went to Program Aide training this afternoon. In order to earn their pin, they need to volunteer six hours in a leadership position. Would you have any interest in either of them assisting you with a couple of your troop meetings?