Monday, June 8, 2009

Birthday Weekend

Just wrapping up the weekend with Elizabeth "Bowling" Birthday Party....Sometimes I wonder, why bother with a blog with all my facebooking going on, but there are those friends that read this and do not go on FB too often....

Saturday, we had Elizabeth's party at the Brandon Crossroads Bowling. We did the Cosmic Bowling, of course, lights down, music blaring....Now she had chose this rather than a pool party. Amazing that at her ripe old age of 7, she had two amazing choices and did not want the pool party 3 years in a row...Man, at that age, I would of loved to have had a pool!

We had about 11 friends come. Fortunately, Elizabeth does have a lot of friends that gravitate towards her...unfortunate on my pocket at times. But bowling was perfect...I did not have to worry about cleaning the house, the food or the mess afterwards....I allowed Elizabeth to have 2 friends stay over, which were two girls from her class. They ended up staying up until around 10:00, which is 2 hours pass what Elizabeth is used to. But the annoying, amazing, stunning things was around 3:00, they woke me up wanting breakfast...WHAT???? I sent them back to bed...NO WAY!!! They ended up staying up AT THAT TIME for the rest of the day...How and why? I think they were all tired, nobody took the initative to say, lets go back to sleep, etc. I did all I could do, but I needed my sleep. It was all innocent and they played Barbie's....AND MADE A BIG MESS!

I was too beat to go to Church, so George took Elizabeth and the girls...while Jilly and I went in the pool. Elizabeth was sleeping by 4:30 for the night until 6:00 this a.m. when I woke her to take a shower before camp....

Good news, I think she will not be doing that again!!!

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

You are a good Mom!! I bet she loved it!

Debbie said...

Thanks Andrea, that is really kind of you to say, although I didn't feel like one when they were up at the time they were....LOL!

Enjoy your beach.....I'm jealous!!!