Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

Well today is the day we swear in a new President. I have to say that it is such a shame that there is such opinions from those that NEED to be heard. We are individuals with different opinions which should be respected. But to hear that opinions are so hot and strong are not healthy (in my opinion). Let me re-phrase that, when someone feels they need to be loud and heard, trying to force their opinion.

First of all, whether republican or democrat or any other, the New President holds no experience in being President. That is why the person is a "new" president. No matter what branch of government, armed forces or office job a person held, does not make him more qualified. ONLY a President that has served as President has the experience to be a President.

When 9-11 happened ( and I was in NY) President or I should say Former President Bush at noon, was blamed. The demented mastermind of the attacks did not just start planning the attacks in January when he took office and took 9 months to execute. Katrina's response, OMG, who could of planned that. Yes, things went wrong, but within 30 hours of the levies breaking, troops were on their way there. Even back when the Tsumani hit, Bush was blamed for his response to the situation. I am writing all this because no matter who is President, they take the blame and the brunt of bad publicy because society thinks "the President is God and should know better". My opinion, yes, there are plenty of things that should of, could of, not happened or been prevented. But one person does not really control the county. I am not saying I am a Bush fan. Yes, we need a change, but I hope that American's will be open-minded and see what new elect President Obama has in store for us. Instead of saying this country will be in trouble, nobody knows. Even an opinion is false until proven.

So in saying that, I wish President Obama (as of noon also) the best of luck and support from his staff and country. I personally look forward to having him and looking for changes to be made. They will not happen automatically, but who are we to say that they will not at all.

As an added note, did you know that Obama will be sworn in a few minutes before noon. Now if there was a delay, minutes even hours, he is automatically President at noon on the 20th. Also, if Obama is sworn in at 11:30, Bush is still President until noon. January 20th at 12:00 p.m. is the date and time...NO EXCEPTIONS! (even weekends). Hmm, found that out yesterday from good ole' Charlie Gibson!!!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

That's interesting about the exact time. Sarah came home from school today and wanted to know if because Obama wasn't sworn in until after noon (I don't know - I didn't watch any of the coverage) if he was still the president. I told her that it didn't matter when or where the swearing in takes place, that once the person takes the oath of office, they are president.