Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me and to all

What would Mother's Day be if I was not woken up at 5:30 this morning by Jillian. Quite honestly, it would not be the same.

Part of being a Mom is to be there for your kids...no matter what time of day or reason, just to be there...No, its not always easy and not easy to do with a smile, but it is necessary.

So as there are mom's that are looking to sleep in today, I will not be doing that...There are mom's that expect pampering, I cannot do that....And then there are mom's that appreciate gifts or cards, I did get that...Two beautiful homemade cards...Cards that could not wait until today...And a Mother's Day breakfast at the preschool tomorrow.....That's all I want or need. I do not want or need gifts, I need the hugs and kisses from my girls...The greatest gift I can receive is comforting my eldest, when she was cryng last night and nervous about her Church play, or the youngest that insisted on more Apple Juice in the wee hours of the a.m.

Happy Mother's Day to ALL!!!

(A Mother's Day Poem I found)


Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day With little time to stop and pray For life's been anything but calm Since You called on me to be a mom Running errands, matching socks Building dreams with building blocks Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes And other stuff that children lose Fitting lids on bottled bugs Wiping tears and giving hugs A stack of last weeks mail to read So where's the quiet time I need? Yet when I steal a minute, Lord Just at the sink or ironing board To ask the blessings of Your grace I see then, in my small one's face That you have blessed me All the while And I stop to kiss That precious smile

2 comments:

Working Mama said...

Loved the poem - thanks. Happy mothers day.....same here..tears + fussiness...settling squabbles but sweet homemade cards and hugs + kisses. What more is there, really

Melodie said...

That's a great poem! Hope you had a great day!